Board-certified Clinical Informatics, Pulmonary and Internal Medicine. 1st Chief Medical Information Officer in our hospital system after successful implementation of CPOE and EHR system at a 350 bed hospital with 700+ physicians.
Creative, committed pulmonary/critical care/hospitalist physician who has transformed his career into Clinical Informatics Known for high quality care and multiple awards for cost efficiency and quality. Chief of Staff and physician leader in many departments. Presently responsible for all applications involving physicians use of electronic health record and meaningful use 3 and HL7 implementation.
Our hospital has now become a five-star CMS hospital for safety and quality as well as an advanced mentor program for California's Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, which I lead through pharmacy.
Areas of expertise:
- Design, implementation, maintenance and optimization of electronic health records and CPOE.
- Design of systems to meet core measures including stroke, sepsis, antibiotic stewardship program and hypothermia.
- EHR trained on Allscripts Sunrise, Cerner and nextGEN.
- Design and optimization of billing and coding practices for physicians.
- Hospital pharmacy consulting: utilization and drug management programs
- Medical staff leadership and team building.
- Predictive analytics: mortality predictor's, early warning systems, length of stay predictors.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs and readiness evaluations